- Feb. 25, 2017
- 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
4th Saturdays, 9:30AM-11AM, FREE
Learning to play the banjo has never been more popular, however it can be frustrating to figure out how to play it. We understand, and welcome you to BANJO THERAPY, a monthly gathering & home for both clawhammer and three-finger styles, where the goal is not just how to "play" banjo, but how to fit the banjo into the vast musical landscape. Each month a different banjo topic or skillset will be covered, which will build upon the previous month's topic.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Topics will include:
- Rhythms: 2/4, 3/4, 4/4
- Backup: Basic vamping patterns & chops.
- Backup II: Advanced vamping, passing notes/chords
- Approaching a Tune: "Picking" out the melody
- Advancing a Tune: Filling in notes w/ right hand
- Harmony: How to Figure Out
- Singing: Accompanying a singer
- Friendly Banjos: Playing Together
- Playing w/ other instruments: fiddle, mandolin, guitar
- Basic Chordal Knowledge: A, C, D, F, G, Am, Em, Bm (in first position)
- Basic Right Hand Skills
Share this Event on Facebook.